DECISIONS, JUDGEMENTS AND RISKS - 2017/8
Module code: NURM111
School of Health Sciences
DAVIES A Mrs (Health Sci.)
Number of Credits
FHEQ Level 7
Module cap (Maximum number of students)
Overall student workload
Independent Study Hours: 96
Lecture Hours: 36
|Assessment type||Unit of assessment||Weighting|
Prerequisites / Co-requisites
C - Cognitive/analytical
K - Subject knowledge
T - Transferable skills
P - Professional/Practical skills
Methods of Teaching / Learning
The assessment strategy is designed to provide students with the opportunity to demonstrate
Thus, the summative assessment for this module consists of:
· An in depth critical analysis of a decision related to patient safety, examining the key theories of decision making, judgement and risk management to justify the decision.
3000 words (100% of the module marks)
This will assess all the learning outcomes.
· A plan identifying the problem and the key aspects relating to the proposed solution.
Students will receive feedback through a variety of methods, these include:
· Verbal – during seminar sessions, or tutorials
· Written – formative feedback on chart
· Email – where requested by student
· E discussion forum’s via Surreylearn
Reading list for DECISIONS, JUDGEMENTS AND RISKS : http://aspire.surrey.ac.uk/modules/nurm111
Programmes this module appears in
|Delivering Quality Healthcare MSc(YEAR LONG)||Year-long||Core||Each unit of assessment must be passed at 50% to pass the module|
Please note that the information detailed within this record is accurate at the time of publishing and may be subject to change. This record contains information for the most up to date version of the programme / module for the 2017/8 academic year.